Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Working!!

'Sup Internt? Ham's back. But not in black. I am sorry. So recently Cheese and I finished the Anime, Working!! I liked it much more than she did, mainly because I appreciate comedies more. It starts out with the main character, a somewhat normal boy named Takanashi, being approached by the height-challenged-yet-older-than-him Taneshima about becoming a part-time worker at the local family restaurant, Wagnari. When he arrives, he is introduced to a variety of unique characters, including the ever-hungry manager, Kyouko; the cynical chef, Satou; the Katana-toting Floor Captain, Yachiyo; and the seemingly all-knowing sous chef, Souma. Later, we meet Yamada, who ends up living in the restaurant's attic, and Otoo, the actual store manager who is almost never around because he's searching for his missing wife. Before those two however, the love interest of the anime, Inami, is brought forth. Inami has androphobia, the fear of men. Whenever she comes within the near vicinity of men, she ends up punching them, Takanashi usually being the main target. Another great character trait is Takanashi's adoration for cute things. Is it cute? Yes? He loves it. Oh, but the best is yet to come. The cutest thing on the face of the planet? The Daphnia.



On the left is a Daphnia, drawn anime style. It's semi accurate, and animated to look cute. Below however, is what the daphnia looks like in real life. It is in no possible way, cute. It's really kinda gross...remember when I said that Takanashi was somewhat normal? I take that back.





















Getting back on track...Overall, the show is a feel-good anime. I laughed at the ridiculous, "blown-out-of-proportion" scenarios and the endless tide of shenanigans. Cheese was rather unamused however, as she has seen way more anime than I have, and thus said that it was pretty general in terms of comedies. She did give it some positive points saying that it was indeed, a feel-good anime. I'll admit, the storyline was pretty standard in terms of Anime comedies, distinctly having an Azumanga-Daioh! feel to it. However, even though the the storyline itself was basic, the writing was what made it great for me, and I love great dialogue. From the subtle, kind of creepy humor of Souma; to the snide comments and constant "bullying" from Satou, it had me laughing almost the whole time.

One thing that I found great about the anime was the Intro. Someone may very well be the most addicting song in the world. It's actually what got me interested in the anime in the first place. It's definitely an added bonus when you're introducing it to your friends. My buddy Jared still has it stuck in his head. (I showed him the song about a month ago. XD) The lyrics are fun and light-hearted, and the whole song itself is like the anime; "feel-good." As for the Re-watch Value? I'd watch it again, but not any time soon. I'd definitely need to wait a while so it'll be funny again. Maybe if I'm ever feeling depressed it'll cheer me up. Summing up, Working!! is a fun, quick (13 episodes) anime that will leave you smiling and satisfied with the end. Working!! is definitely a great addition to society.














SOCIETY?!?!

Ahem...anyway, I give Working!! an 8/10. It was definitely not a waste of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment