Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou No Yome


Hey y'all! Ham droppin' in for a bit. So...a couple of days ago, I couldn't sleep. So what did I do? I decided to watch Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou No Yome. I don't even know how I came to that decision. Now, I started out watching this with a total "WTF?!" perspective. However, as the series continued, it began to grow on me. A lot. This is now up there on my awesome shows list. I haven't reached the end yet, but I'm really hoping that, unlike a good few of my favorite anime, the ending won't suck.


On to the synopsis!



Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou No Yome starts out by introducing us to a small girl, Momoko, trying to punch a giant fish-dragon thing up a waterfall. Then, her father tells her that she must go find the strongest man in the world to marry her and reproduce with her to carry on the lineage. I was really close to stopping there, but I gave it another chance. And I'm glad I did...sort of.
Momoko sets off in search of a husband and she meets none other than the rather wimpy, intelligent protagonist, Koushi. Koushi is studying to be a prosecutor, much to the dismay of his father who, like Momoko and her father, is a martial artist. Koushi just wants to be normal. What's so fun about that? Anywho, Koushi is later told that he has become the target of an enormous assassination plot and Momoko has vowed to protect him and love him until he marries her, much to his dismay. The first two assassins, Iroha and Hanzo, actually end up becoming Momoko and Koushi's friends and thus central characters. From there, shenanigans ensue (As if they hadn't started already.)

There's really never a dull moment in this show. Momoko's blunt, outrageous sexual advances are my personal favorite. She's rejected every time with just as much bluntness. Hanzo's job as comic relief is perfect as well, making his actions side-splitters seeing as how the show's a comedy to begin with.

Also, for me to really like an anime, it's gotta have good opening and closing music. Sumomomo Momomo: Chijou Saikyou No Yome does. The music is downright catchy, but not so much so that you can't get it out of your head like in Working!!

Am I even allowed to put this on the blog? Guess we'll see! ;D

Anyway, I'm gonna give this show an 8/10. I've gotten halfway through and I'm expecting much more fun from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment